Electrical failures take place due to following reasons:
· Overloading on electrical system
· Faulty operation of electrical equipment
· Lack of SOP (safe operating procedure)
· In adequate learning to technicians/electricians
· Wear and tear of equipment
· Ageing of electrical machine /equipment
· Humidity effect
· Bad weather condition
· Dust/pollution effect
· Lack of electrical manual at site
· In competent workforce
· Unauthorised operation
· Lack of skill
There are various causes that lead to electrical failure. Furthermore it may lead to an accident and fire. When such electrical fire occurs, successful resolution depends upon investigations, evaluations, and analyses by scientifically trained engineers experienced in electrical failures analysis. A partial listing of such electrical incident investigations includes:
- Consumer products
- Appliance failures
- Residential dwelling wiring
- Residential electrical service equipment
- Commercial electrical service wiring and equipment
- Electrical distribution systems
- Production process controls and machinery
- Instrumentation and signal processing systems
- Electrical failures
- Electrical contacts
- Lightning damage
- Electrical fires
Arc-Flash – is the heat and light energy emitted during an electrical fault or arc. The arc is due to a breakdown in the insulation covering between two energized components or between an energized component and ground.
Electrical Contact – is an involuntary but nonfatal flow of electrical current through the human body. Severity of the injury is based on the location of the contact on the body as well as the duration and characteristics of the electrical source (voltage, frequency, and available current).
Electrocution – is death resulting from the flow of electrical current through the human body?
Professionally Licensed/experienced Electrical Engineers should investigate an electrical failure, fire and electrical injury cases.