Temporary supply is required during building construction, shutdown jobs at plant/factory, festival celebration, religious function, marriage, party, picnic spot, presentation etc.
The method of supply depends on the load requirement.
1. Following step to be taken care of –
2. Calculate the load
4. Plan 3phase for load more than 5KW
5. Install an energy meter if it is on chargeable basis.
6. Provide 02 point earthing
7. Provide danger mark
8. Make a temporary hut.
9. Barricade the location
10. Think for a feeder pillar if outlet is more than 32A
11. Care for protection
12. Always use 3 wire for shutdown machine connection of 3 phase.
13. If it is pandal or marriage hall, make minimum 02 circuits.
14. Install a change over switch with clear tag on it- Electricity board supply and DG set supply
15. Install a indication lamp, volt meter, ammeter with distribution board.
16. It is sometimes necessary to temporarily isolate your power supply to complete renovations and maintenance work.
17. Where it is necessary to extend or augment the electricity network to provide connection services, keep a record and approval from plant manager.
18. Maintain a logbook to start/stop generator timing.
19. Where a temporary connection is provided for construction purposes it will normally be disconnected at the time of installation of the permanent service equipment unless prior arrangements have been made by the customer.
20. Install a 30mA RCCB/ELCB for all outgoing of single phase hand operated machine.
21. Hang a shock chart in distribution room.
22. Keep a caution board in local language and other common language.
23. Mention the telephone no call in case of emergency.
24. Keep sufficient fire extinguisher and sand bucket in easy approach.
25. Make the nearby surface as hard to avoid slip.
26. Keep minimum height of feeder 300mm from ground to avoid rain water entry.