|oil level indicator for transformer|
Magnetic oil level gauge consist of the main body, with following parts-
Float with arm
Cam assembly with mercury switch
Dial with pointer
The float is hinged and swings up or down when oil level rises or falls. This rise or fall rotates the bevel gear and thus the pinion of the gear assembly. The pinion in turns rotates the driving magnet inside the conservator. The follower magnet positioned outside carries a pointer and a cam. The pointer reads oil level and the cam is set to operate the mercury switch at pre determined low level.
|Oil level inner side view|
The dial is calibrated as per requirement. A drawing showing height of oil level inside the conservator at corresponding marking on dial shall is required.
One normally open , mercury switch is provided to actuate low level alarm. The switch is adjustable to compensate error in orientation of pad. Leads of this switch are connected to the terminals.
SR. DESCRIPTION MATERIAL
1. MAIN BODY - AL (LM6)
2. LIMIT STOPPERS - Brass
3. LEVER WITH GEAR- Brass
4. FLOAT-ARM- Brass
5. FLOAT Brass
6. HOLE FOR CABLE GLAND
8. MERCURY SWITCH GLASS- Brass
9. NUT (FOR ADJ. MER. SWITCH)- Brass
10. DIAL WITH POINTER AL
1. Operating liquid : transformer oil IS 335 or equivalent
2. Working temperature : 0-100 deg.c
3. Working pressure : 0-4 kg/cm sq
4. Environment : suitable for indoor and outdoor use
5. Electrical switch : one SPST mercury switch
6. Contact rating : 5 amps 240V, AC. 0.5 amp 240V DC
7. Switch operation : normally open, closes when oil level drops to near
empty condition. Switch recovers automatically on
rising of oil level.